How can you increase your online sales the most?
The economic crisis in COVID-19 has sped the shift to digital space and put the competitive marketplace into chaos. Many industries have welcomed the ramifications, while it acted as a wake-up call for enterprises that have been reluctant to embrace digital transformation.
Apart from the eCommerce market, many B2-B and B2C organizations have now understood the value of adopting a digital-first approach, following COVID. As a result, firms must strengthen their positions and focus on increasing online sales.
Online consumers are expected to reach over 200 million by 2025, up from 120 million presently, thanks to a CAGR of 28%. Aside from being where your targets are, another reason to emphasize digital-first marketing is that it prioritizes targeted marketing in a manner that traditional advertising does not.
Going online, though, is not as basic as it looks. To boost online sales, you’ll need to have a solid marketing strategy.
Strategies from a Shopify Plus agency to increase your website’s online sales
A well-executed digital customer interaction strategy may help businesses overcome low revenue difficulties and considerably increase online sales. We’ve identified several critical tactics for providing a positive user experience and increasing online sales.
Here’s a brief rundown of ways to boost online sales.
1. Gather your visitors’ email addresses
There are several methods for contacting new and existing consumers. One of the main reasons people join your loyalty program, sign up for your email newsletter, or follow you on social media is to gain access to special discounts that reward them for their loyalty.
Personalized re-engagement emails assist enhance online sales while also influencing clients who have abandoned the site. Brands are now using personalized email automation to follow up with consumers based on their actions and deliver customized content to increase sales conversions.
Establish special discounts from time to time to keep your business top of mind with customers, and make sure they know when you’re having a sale or special. You may also use email to notify subscribers of new blog articles and other site material that they might find interesting.
2. Make use of internet communities to increase sales
Community forums are one of the finest ways for marketers to get access to a useful (and often free) database of questions and subjects of interest.
You can change the way you interact with prospects and customers by being proactive and making use of the vast amount of users and information available on forums.
Quora is a social networking site with a Q&A feature. It’s an excellent tool for determining what your target audience is perplexed about or having problems with.
How can you use the community to enhance your online sales?
Maintain long-term connections — Giving consumers a place to ask questions and share comments can make them feel heard, especially if they receive a response that acknowledges them. This will encourage them to visit your business and communicate with other consumers frequently.
Shorten the product research period – Customers will spend less time viewing other sites with irrelevant information. It enhances the likelihood that customers will buy because everything they need to make a decision is available on your website.
Understand client challenges – Once you’ve identified the problems that consumers are having, you can quickly align the solution. Choosing the proper resolution helps people to remember your brand for longer.
3. Provide fantastic bargains and discounts
The most significant consideration in deciding whether to buy a product or service is the price. In the buyer’s view, a low price might imply inferior quality.
The Shopify Plus agency wants you to know how your consumers feel about your product before implementing any pricing plan so that a price adjustment stimulates the market behavior you want.
How might limited promotions and discounts be used to boost online sales?
Increase revenue — By bundling related items and services, you may boost sales without adding to your overhead.
Convert price-conscious clients — Discounts can encourage price-sensitive clients since they present a unique purchase opportunity for them.
Instant choice – Good discounts have a lot of clouts when it comes to influencing purchasing decisions. Customers don’t want to skip out on exclusive deals that are only accessible for a short period.
4. Minimize the amount of friction on checkout pages
Despite the tremendous growth of online retail transactions, many businesses still have trouble converting customers at the checkout. One of the reasons why businesses lose revenues is because of this. As a result, it is critical to eliminate items that cause friction and annoy the client.
Cart abandonment costs ecommerce companies $18 billion in revenue each year. If the checkout procedure is excessively difficult, 26% of customers will leave.
How can you lower the percentage of eCommerce cart abandonment and increase online sales?
- To make things easier for your consumers, you should provide a variety of payment alternatives.
- By using live chat or a chatbot to provide real-time sales support to clients, you may improve your online sales conversion rate.
- Make the payment procedure as simple and frictionless as possible so that your clients may easily complete the checkout process.
5. Provide a no-questions-asked money-back promise
Have you ever purchased a product that did not live up to expectations? Even a minor purchase might lead to ‘buyer’s regret.’ So, why should people purchase your goods?
A money-back guarantee can help to mitigate the risk. The more work you put into reducing the risk associated with the prospect’s decision, the more likely they are to buy from you. It’s a good idea to remove anything that can deter customers from buying from you.
Simply put, less suffering for them equals more sales for you.
Domino’s Pizza, FedEx, and Zappos are among the well-known corporations that offer their clients PERFECT guarantees. They also developed multibillion-dollar companies.
6. Use high-quality product photos and videos
It’s critical to have high-quality, interesting product images and to show them in a way that appeals to your target audience. Visual information accounts for 90% of information conveyed to the brain, and people create their initial impression in less than a half milliseconds.
In general, it implies that your product images aid in persuading a potential buyer that your product is worthwhile purchasing. With high-quality product photographs and videos tailored to help you maximize online sales, you can put your best foot forward.
Here are some examples of how the Shopify Plus agency improves your online conversion rates by using photos or product videos:
- Show how the product is used in real life – Including a human in your image offers your potential buyers a frame of reference and helps them to evaluate the size of your product.
- Provide context – It is critical to provide context. Show the product in context rather than just displaying it. Assume you’re sitting on a couch in a completely furnished room.
- Embed product videos on your website – Adding videos to your website can help you attract more visitors. According to Insivia, websites using video are 53 times more likely to reach Google’s main page. Include videos to greatly increase online sales.
- Utilize the finest quality pictures – To market your items, use the highest-quality photographs possible. The photographs will glow and attract the attention of your visitors if they are of high quality.
7. Use social media to drive relevant traffic
For companies, social media is a great tool that outperforms conventional media in terms of attracting visitors to your website. They provide several options to enhance business traffic and internet purchases.
According to a Forbes survey, 25% of social media users follow brand pages, which has an impact on their final buy selections at retail and online retailers. Social media outlets like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook have the potential to improve sales.
The following are some suggestions for incorporating social media lead generating into your strategy:
- Create new leads with giveaways – To create new leads for your business, try a giveaway promotion. Ascertain that the promotion necessitates the use of a sign-up page. As an extra incentive, provide the user the option of receiving a newsletter.
- Create valuable material to entice customers – Brands may use social media to give the quality of their audience content. Your material should be interesting to your audience and persuasive enough to persuade them to buy anything.
- Work with social media influencers – People trust influencers, therefore marketing your brand and products through social media influencers is quite likely to result in sales, with ROI as high as 600 percent in some circumstances.
- Use user-generated content (UGC) — Shopify Plus developers believes you may get user-generated content by posting your customers’ original posts on social media networks. An image of a consumer who took a snapshot of her coffee at your café, for example.
The most important lessons for increasing online sales
There are many methods to create revenue for a business, but in the event of a pandemic, a digital marketing strategy from a Shopify Plus Agency might be a wonderful way to boost online sales and help the business growth overall.
Sponsored marketing, organic traffic, social networking, and other methods are used by businesses to increase online sales. Businesses, on the other hand, must constantly innovate sales methods by listening to their clients to keep up with a rapidly-shifting paradigm. Sign up to expand your business by enhancing it with the most modern client interaction tools.
In the correct conditions, any of the above tactics may greatly improve online sales and create high income, but the best options for your organisation will be determined by your understanding of the clients you serve.